Elegant Wild Invasive Cuisine!
by Matt Bennett, Sybaris Bistro
- Crayfish stuffed piquillo peppers
- Wild turkey terrine with mole spices
- Warm dandelion spanakopita
- Sorrel-smoked salmon puffs
- Wild boar (feral swine) bratwurst, blackberry mustard
by Joshua Green, Bon Appétit at Willamette University
- Dandelion greens, briar rose chevre, sliced hood river pears, oregonzola and blackberry champagne vinaigrette
- Smoked paprika and buttermilk fried bull frog legs with guajillo adobo sauce
- Herb brined and traeger smoked wild turkey with local pear reduction
- Braised wild boar (feral swine) with bourbon blackberry glaze
- Grilled vegetable platter - local summer squash, zucchini, happy harvest red bell peppers, sweet onions, yamhill portabella mushrooms and
- Zena farm stuffed patty pan squash with Oregon chanterelle mushroom orzo "mac and cheese" with mascarpone and fresh herbs
By Amelia Lane, Portland, and Anna Henricks, Sweetheart Bakery
- Himalayan blackberry preserve
- Double chocolate blackberry cream swirl tart
- Fennel seed shortbread
- Chocolate-hazelnut pate
- Mint, lemon balm and roses custard tarts
- Hazelnut-huckleberry with wild rose hips jam tarts
Master of Ceremonies: Michael Winder, Creator and Executive Director, Midsummer Arts
Featuring the Celtic, Acoustic and Folkadelic Nettles Band!
Guests Arrive and Check-in
Silent Auction begins
Golden Raffle Ticket on Sale
"They're Cooked" Cookbook on Sale
Bar opens: Zenith Vineyard Wine and "Berry Invasive Blonde Ale" Beer
Chef Philippe Parola: The Art of Cooking Asian carp and Nutria
Chef Philippe has cooked private dinners for Presidents, Queens and even the Prime Minister of England!
"Chopped" Cook-off Competition on the Lawn
- Chef Dave Bodi, Willabys Catering, vying to create the best invasive dish.
- Ryan Morgan, Executive Chef, Bon Appétit and Theory at OMSI
- Hamid Serdani, Serdani Chef Services and Chef, Gathering Together Farm
- Cody Utzman, "Chopped Champion" and Owner and Chef, Frankie's
What's for Dinner?
Wild Invasive Species Buffet Dinner in Grand Hall
Live "Adventures in Nature" Auction with Pat 'n Pat
Sponsor and Contributor Recognition
Special Honor Announced
"Chopped" Competition Awards
If you would like to spend Saturday, or even Sunday evening in an elegant charming hotel in the heart of Salem, with just a 15 minute drive to the Invasive Species Cook-off 2014 at Zenith Vineyard, The Grand Hotel in Salem is your destination. The Institute for Applied Ecology has set aside ten luxurious rooms for guests who would prefer to enjoy the relaxation and comfort of staying in town!
Here's what to do:
- Call The Grand Hotel in Salem at 503 540-7800 or 877 540-7800
- Let the hotel know you are with the Invasive Species Cook-off group.
- The hotel will need your name, dates of stay, contact information and credit card
Rooms rates start at $139 for the Deluxe King. You can see the rooms here. All rooms feature coffee makers, refrigerators, parking, WiFi, business center, indoor pool & fitness center, and hot breakfast buffet.